As Medicare continues its open enrollment period, headlines have been buzzing with the news of the Center for Disease Control recommendation that adolescent males receive the HPV vaccine. Elsewhere:
- A controversial case alleging consumer fraud on food labels in regard to fiber was dismissed under the FDC Act’s preemption grounds.
- Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) unveiled bills this week that would repeal parts of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Cigna is in the process of buying a Medicare carrier for $3.8 billion.
- Optional Medicaid benefits are being cut by states, as well as hospital stays.
- Medicare “Hospital Compare” is out, but can be difficult to use.
To keep on top of news and information, Health Wolters Kluwer has added a blog roll of useful and informative industry blogs and websites on various health and the law topics. You can utilize the links on the lower right hand corner of the main page.