Making headlines around the country, it was announced this week that HHS will further delay the anticipated rules regarding the Physician Payment Sunshine Act, which would force drug makers and device companies to report all payments and gifts to doctors. Elsewhere:
- President Obama issued an Executive Order aimed at reducing prescription drug shortages and taking aim at what the White House has labeled an inactive Congress.
- Massachusetts argues for an extension of its Medicaid waiver while New York settled its Medicaid lawsuit for $70 million.
- Legislation was introduced to help boost the use of electronic health records.
- The GAO released a report on the implementation of the early retiree reinsurance program.
- According to the FDA, pine nuts are the latest food item that is the subject of a recall.