This week CMS announced that qualified employers, insurance groups, and consumer groups will be able to utilize Medicare data to create report cards to measure the quality standards of physicians and hospitals, pursuant to Section 10332 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) (P.L. 111-148). Elsewhere:
- There is still buzz about the medical loss ratio rule.
- The Supreme Court blog has been tackling, in three parts, the individual mandate issue being argued before the court this spring.
- New York proposes a Medicare-Medicaid integration and Accountable Care Organization partnerships.
- Nevada has completed its move to a new system that will run the state’s Medicaid billing.
- The FDA appears to be ready to require more risk information on certain birth control pills.