This week the Department of Health and Human Services announced the dedication of cell based flu vaccine plant, which will produce vaccines that are safe for individuals with egg allergies and sensitivities. Elsewhere:
- The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission are working to have “homeopathic” HCG weight loss drugs removed from the market.
- Studies show that physicians have mixed feelings about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- An analysis of Medicaid, the recession and state budgets.
- Senate Democrats are asking Secretary Sebelius for more information on the recent morning after pill decision.
- Medicare announces changes to its Nursing Home Compare tool for beneficiaries.