While much of the industry remains riveted to the votes and politics in Washington as the impending Medicare cuts loom and pundits discuss whether the anticipated “doc fix” should or should not happen, the Supreme Court has scheduled three days of oral arguments on the healthcare reform challenge for March of 2012. Elsewhere:
- CMS announced that the health care form laws regarding Accountable Care Organizations will help 32 health systems improve care and save $1.1 billion.
- The FDA is considering studies on modified tobacco products following the release of an Institute of Medicine report.
- Maine’s updated Medicaid claims processing system has been approved by CMS which will allow the state to receive full reimbursement on claims.
- Another look at the FDA’s fight against drug shortages.
- A look at the Wyden-Ryan plan.