Compared to recent weeks, the health law headlines have been relatively quiet as campaign efforts are ramped up in state’s with primary elections in the coming weeks.
- Teaching hospitals have joined the fight against upcoming Medicare cuts, pushing lawmakers to reject the physician rate cuts.
- The Congressional Budget Office issued a brief that outlines what would happen if the age for Social Security were raised
- Secretary Sebelius announces 5 states have insurance premium increases that are “unreasonable”
- Idaho reports that despite Medicaid cuts, there have been no resulting health crises.
- The FDA has banned some farmyard antibiotics, but some feel the new regulations and guidances are confusing.