Happy Leap Day!
Federal officials announced this week that they arrested a physician charged with the largest ever single-physician scam, who collected $375 million in fraudulent payments for home-health care claims. Also this week:
- Illinois hospitals appear unable to reach an agreement on a deadline regarding the percentage of charity care they offer in order to qualify for state tax incentives.
- The FDA has added diabetes and memory loss warnings to the labels of statin medications.
- A Medicaid cut that has doctors angry.
- A Senator from Iowa has written to Medicaid officials in all 50 states requesting information on how they set rates.
- The FDA Device chief has come out and said that device approval loopholes need to be closed.
- Do doctors dislike electronic health records?