This week, President Obama signed the “Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012” into effect, extending the payroll tax cut through the end of the year. In other news, The United States Supreme Court decided to remand the California Medicaid rate case back to the Ninth Circuit Court. Also this week on Health Wolters Kluwer:
- Wyoming’s state Senate considers extending deadline to form health exchange.
- HHS announced the Strong Start Initiative, which aims to reduce premature births.
- Rule includes agent compensation in medical loss ratio formula.
- FDA request for increased budget to be largely funded by user fees.
- Increasing numbers of doctors and hospitals are using health information technology.
- Health care fraud enforcement efforts recovered $4.1 billion last year.