Although this week lacked huge breaking headlines, there was plenty going on in the world of health and the law. Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney reiterated the importance of a premium support model for Medicare in his tax proposal, and we took a look at the future of Medicaid rate reductions. Also this week:
- Small businesses caught a big break with the new insurance co-ops.
- The new overpayment proposed rule has left confusion in its wake.
- A look at the misleading claims on fruit and vegetable beverages in light of FDA labeling rules.
- There is an opportunity for public input on CMS waivers.
- Health IT “meaningful use” rules were published.