It is only March but so far 2012 has been busy! This week CMS unveiled an overhauled Medicare billing statement to allow consumers to detect fraudulent charges more easily. Also this week:
- The FDA warns consumers about the risk of mercury poisoning from some skin care products.
- On Tuesday March 6th, the House Energy and Commerce Committee voted to repeal the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) that was created by PPACA.
- There is a growing demand for tighter security on personal health information.
- Texas is gearing up for a showdown as a program that provides women’s preventative health services through Medicaid has a financing deadline fast approaching.
- Does Medicare’s Hospital Compare program work?