The biggest news this week has been the long-anticipated arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court challenging the constitutionality of PPACA in HHS v. Florida. The editorial team here at Wolters Kluwer Law and Business Health has been busy covering this case closely to provide you with special reports on:
- Day 1: Arguments on whether the Court can even hear the case. Is the penalty for not purchasing health insurance a tax?
- Day 2: Arguments on whether the individual mandate is constitutional.
- Synopsis of amicus briefs regarding the issues of Medicaid and severability.
- Discussion of whether Medicaid should be expanded under the law.
- An overview of public vs. legal opinions on the case.
Please check back today as an examination of Day 3’s arguments on whether the individual mandate can be severed from the rest of the law is still to come!
In other news this week,
- Can those who bring lawsuits against generic drug manufacturers find relief?
- An extension of the HIPAA Enforcement Discretion Period.