This week, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reiterated its recommendation that additional oversight be given to Medicaid programs. HHS issued a guidance on the formation of state health insurance exchanges. Also this week,
- The OIG focuses fraud investigations on drugstores.
- Medicare Advantage organizations may limit coverage of DME products.
- With the approval of generic versions, sales for the drug Plavix are expected to decline.
- Knowledge of illegality of actions is irrelevant to criminal charges and conviction under HIPAA.
- HHS granted six more states money to help build health insurance exchanges.
- A look at the controversy surrounding the PPACA contraception coverage requirement.