Today it is anticipated that the Supreme Court will release its ruling on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Court proceedings will begin promptly at 10:00 am Eastern time, however it is likely that the opinions on health care reform will be the last item on the agenda. As soon as the opinions are released we will begin updating this site on the decision. In the meantime, you can review the oral arguments and briefs that occurred in March.
- Day 1: Arguments on whether the Court can even hear the case. Is the penalty for not purchasing health insurance a tax?
- Day 2: Arguments on whether the individual mandate is constitutional.
- Day 3: Arguments on the severability of the mandate and expansion of Medicaid.
- Synopsis of amicus briefs regarding the issues of Medicaid and severability.
- Discussion of whether Medicaid should be expanded under the law.
- An overview of public vs. legal opinions on the case.